How Do Bail Bonds Work In Eden, NC?
If you’ve never been arrested before, or been arrested on a misdemeanor charge that didn’t require a bail bond you may not be aware of how bail bonds work in Eden, North Carolina or where to find an Eden bail bondsman. Our affordable bail bondsman at Apex Bail Bonds our here to make that process fast and easy!
What is Bail?
The definition of bail is the security required for release of a defendant while he or she is awaiting trial for a criminal proceeding.
What is a Bond?
A bond is defined as a legally binding obligation or contract between two or more persons. In the case of a bail bond, the legally binding obligation is between the defendant, the court, and the bail bondsman.
There are three types of bail bondsman in the state of North Carolina who may post your Eden bail bond for you. The 3 types of NC bail bondsman are:
- Surety Bondsman – A surety bondsman is a bail bondsman who has been appointed by a surety company to post bail on their behalf through a power of attorney.
- Professional Bondsman – A professional bondsman, or property bondsman, is a bondsman who pledges their own personal property to post bail for a defendant and charges a fee to do so.
- Accommodation Bondsman – An accommodation bondsman is someone who posts bail for a defendant for free. This is usually a friend or family member. Accommodation bondsman are not allowed to make any money for posting bail on someone’s behalf.
What Happens When Someone Is Arrested in Eden, NC?
If a person is arrested in Eden, they will be transported to the Rockingham County Adult Detention Center, at 170 NC-65, Reidsville, NC 27320. After they have been booked into the Rockingham County Jail, they will see a magistrate. A magistrate is a legal officer who sets the bond amount of an arrestee immediately after they enter the jail.
The only time a magistrate will not set a bond for a defendant is if that person has been arrested for certain charges that make the person a flight risk or danger to the community. In that case, the defendant will have to wait to go before a judge within the next 72 hours to obtain a bond. A defendant may also file a bond appeal if they believe their bond amount was set too high.
Should I Call An Eden Bail Bondsman If Someone I Know Has Been Arrested?
If someone you know has been arrested, and they are required to post a secured bond before being released, they will have two options.
- They or their family can post the full bond amount with the magistrate.
- They can hire an Eden bail bonds service and pay a small percentage of the bond amount instead.
In Rockingham County, most bail bondsman charge between 10% and 15% of the total bond amount to post your Eden bail bond. For example, on a $1,000 bond, the fee is usually $150.
However, when you call Apex Bail Bonds you can rest assured that you will get the most affordable bail bond rates in the entire area!
Apex Bail Bonds is the only Eden bail bonds service licensed to post bail in two states, making us one of the largest and most successful bail agencies in the area in a short period of time. Our talented and affordable bail bondsmen can assist you in making sure your loved one gets the fastest release possible from the Rockingham County Jail.